Though, I haven’t posted in a while, I thought I’d pass on an interesting video that I came across today.
First, I’ll let the video speak for itself, and then I’ll highlight a few points.
Here are a few points I’d like to highlight about the video:
- Did you notice how our government, in the past 20 months, has switched from making some groups of people heroes (nurses, truckers) to making them villains?
- Did you notice how the Canadian prime minister said that this group of truckers has “unacceptable views”? In a democratic society, are people not entitled to their views? Are we unable to have different points of view while still living with each other?
- What do you think about Russel’s statement that our governments, instead of looking at the real problem (such as improper funding of hospitals), blame a minority group? Fixing our healthcare system would take hard word and outside-the-box thinking; blaming “others”, that’s easy!
- Do you see any difference between blaming the current minority group du jour and blaming any of the previous minority groups I mentioned before?
- I have also previously written about the word “them”, and how that is the most dangerous word. What kind of society will we have if we continue with “them versus us” mentality?
- With what you have seen from our government, do you want to continue in the separation of people?
I hope that my readers can find ways to come together instead of divide, to discuss instead of blame, and to love and accept instead of fear.